Francais, Language Translation Resources.
What's not newest
UpSky2 - all that's new
- Since you can read this, the Y2K bug did not affect my Website. Happy New Millenium! and read this recipe, which will not save the world:
"Caesar's Beans Squared".
1. My own nascent business. Serving the Washington D.C. area. Recent areas of practice since July 1999:
Windows 98 upgrades and Windows 95 troubleshooting and restoration, Windows 3.1
admin; software support services and installation, disk restoration and
filesystem repair. Website modification, page design, graphics. Network
analysis, rewiring. Pentium PCs and laptops. Apple Powerbook 1700 hardware
servicing. Tech support by email and telephone. Email account configuration.
Procurement consultation; Virus education and handling consultation involving
McAfee's latest version.
Introductory rate for computer services: $25 per hour. [Subject to certain limitations.]
2. SF & Fantastic Fiction: At last!: excerpt/sample from Short Guide to Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series. Original. Found only here. A valuable reference to look up things in or just browse through. (-new, September '99.)
...There's also the H.-H.'s G. page, which will soon include (-new, November '99-) "Home Is Where The... [-well, see for yourselves what!] ...Is".
...And the SF Surrealism page, including:
Episode #2 of 'Start Truck'. 'Discovery, No Longer Terrible' (-the sequel and
ending to 'Battleship Discovery The Terrible'.) 'Really Brilliant Reviews of the movie 2001'.
Great Endings from Science Fiction. (-new, July 23.)
Dan Simmons' Hyperion / Endymion series - a critical examination.
Ancestry of Cthulhu Mythos gibberish: A humorous look at precedents for H.P. Lovecraft's bizarre & uncanny use of incomprehensible nonsense syllables.
3. Poetry/drama: My Own Poems (see also UpSky below)   + an essay; Announcement & info about a poem series in ~58 parts. (-I enjoyed writing it!) Faust's death, from Goethe's drama: the original & an original English (/"Americanish") translation. (-New, August.)
...Other poetry: some dramatic wisdom from Browning; a favorite from Yeats' beloved works, & more William Butler Yeats poems, subject: the moon...(-new, July 18.) & a translation (to English from the German of) Heinrich Heine.
4. Tennis: Another headline-in-verse. (-new, July 19.) Research data on 'Tennis goddesses'. (-new, July.) Wimbledon 1999 commentary. Roland Garros 1999. Tennis Year 1998, & Wimbledon 1998 - pro Tennis commentary [-incomplete as yet...]. [Also from 1998: July headline, in verse. Minor footnote. Another footnote.]
9. Money: (-upcoming, link to a multi-Currency Converter, a super info resource.)
(For past versions of UpSky & UpSky2, see 'the
Ur-UpSky' of 2/12/98 - shortly after I began building it; UpSky2 8/26/98, 11/18/98, 4/27/99.)
11. Science & History: Astronomer Royal data list (biographical sketches & info summary), in honor of the Royal Greenwich Observatory's closing on Oct. 31 1998 ...R.I.P.
A critic of the Constitution of the United States. ...also Instant Graph Paper (-still short of perfect)
Statistics about Bicycling uniforms and helmets. (-new.) (Upcoming: Prime Number calculator.)
13. Superstition: ...the only appropriate subject for this number.
...and also more Great Endings, many new I.Q. tests and quizzes, original speculation on 'Negative Intelligence Quotient' and proposal for a new sort of IQ test, and Ingenious Gentleman's Sayings.
For messages to the Webmaster: private - & privacy-respecting - "Answering Machine" [- *@$%#@^% - which, alas, as of January 2000, seems to be down - apologies.]
( . . . anonymity of message - if desired - easy: you needn't fill out the 'Name' or 'Email' fields; message will be delivered OK without them. )
Upcoming at UpSky: go here to see it/vote in favor of what you'd like to see soonest.
For 9 categories with other content, see 'UpSky'. [No pop-up or banners; quickly accessible.]
(In case you wonder, "What happened to 1 ?" - - see F.A.Q.)
( "Initial italics: Why?" )
(UpSky2 being updated... January 6 2000 - &, the previous year, on these dates... December 17th & 30th. -page hits counter changed July 28.)
Additional links exterior to UpSky and UpSky2.
(Note: I can recommend this lottery, because in mid-March I tried it & got a net profit of 12 Swiss francs in about 15 minutes, playing the 'Dream Doors' section; - you definitely can win here! ...I then used this lottery's site to make a donation to the International Red Cross & Crescent - which gets a percentage in any case.)
Since August 1998, UpSky2 has had
FastCounter by LinkExchange
The Knowledge Is Power Award, for 'UpSky', May 1999.
'Icarus' - all the negative and
less exalted material: Satire! Beating dead horses! Blabbermouths! "...If you always regret leaving your job at the end of the day"! ..and more! (Updated in January 2000.)