1. Freelance computer and electronics services. Web design and services, Email system support.
Serving the Washington D.C. area, including Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Recent areas of practice:
Windows 98 troubleshooting, upgrades, support and installations;
Windows 95 troubleshooting services; Windows 3.1 admin. Hard disk and
file system maintenance, repair. Website building, design, updating,
and modifications. Pentium PCs and laptops. Network analysis, rewiring.
Modem card servicing and configuration; PCMCIA cards. Apple Powerbook
hardware servicing. Tech support by email, by telephone, and in person.
Email account configuration; sending images in emails. Procurement
consultation. Computer virus detection, system cleaning, & education
consultations. Electronic watch repair. Employment counseling / resume
posting consultation. And, a 100% approval rating from all clients to date!
First-time rates for computer services: $ 28 per hour, plus parts sale price (if any needed), as of June 15 2000.
[Subject to limitations. Exact fee charged subject to negotiation,
as appropriate for equipment serviced and other circumstances. ]
- Inquiries welcome by email to email@example.com
2. SF & Fantastic Fiction:
- A sample (the As of) the Short Guide to Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series, A-Z. Original. Found only here. To look things up or just browse through.
- My 'HitchHiker's Guide' page.
- The SF Surrealism page; Out-of-these-worlds comedy, satire, whimsy, spoofs: ( "What, no awesome pictures?" - No, no pictures. )
- Episode #2 of 'Start Truck'.
- 'Discovery, No Longer Terrible' (-the sequel and ending to 'Battleship Discovery The Terrible'.)
- 'Really Brilliant Reviews of the movie 2001'.
- Great Endings from Science Fiction.
- Dan Simmons' Hyperion / Endymion series - a critical examination.
- Lovecraftiana? The Ancestry of Cthulhu Mythos gibberish, a rummage sale from primeval pre-Lovecraft eras, of possible precedents for
H.P. Lovecraft's bizarre & uncanny use of nonsense syllables.
- - Reviews, of Science Fiction books and videos:
3. Poetry & verse drama:
- My own poems (see also UpSky below) :
- And other poetry:
4. Tennis, May-June 2000:
This section is defunct" - true enough as of May 8 2000. But subsequent developments suggest its revival. "I haven't added to it many months, and seldom finished anything in it anyway, except for the research data on 'Tennis goddesses' page. R.I.P. ]" - I've changed my mind.
May 15th's editorial. On Magnus Norman, the responsibilities of the rankings #1 spot, and a review of previous French Opens plus my prognostications for Roland Garros 2000.
June 9th's editorial. On the finals of the French Open.
( Future Editorials to be placed here. Watch this space. )
9. Money and brains: (A multi-Currency Converter, a super info resource:
- HTML, Web Design...
- Skill certification at Expert level recently won by Russell Hess ( the Webmaster ). See link, section 1.
- Past versions & revisions of websites I've built:
- How to build a good Website - UpSky is award-winning, see Awards List.
11. Science & History:
13. Superstition: ...the only appropriate subject for this number.
14. Recipes, Food:
X. All the rest; Miscellanea:
Tell the Webmaster! ...not your life history, but all suggestions and comments are welcome. Email link to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
( . . . you are guaranteed not to be put on a mailing list nor subjected to email ads - except my signature block of course. )
This website's twin: 9 of the above categories with different content, at 'UpSky'.
(In case you wonder, "What happened to 5 (or 6, 7, 8) ?" - - see F.A.Q.)
( "Initial italics: Why?" )
UpSky2 being updated... August 18th, July 6 & 31, 2000 ... also January 6, 16, 27; February 5th & 16th; March 1, 11, 13, 14, 16, 20, 23, 30, 31; April 17, 22, 24; May 1, 6, 8, 15; & June 9, 2000. ...and in 1999, on these dates... page counter changed July 28 1999, old value kept.)
Since August 1998, UpSky2 has had
FastCounter by LinkExchange
(local counter, in development, May 1 2000.)
The Knowledge Is Power Award, for 'UpSky', May 1999.
'Icarus', down to earth - Less exalted and more negative :
Satire! Beating dead horses! Blabbermouths! Pizza...! Outrages against...! Contests with a new prize...! A cure for hair problems...! ...and more! (Updated, June 2000.)
Block Sender List Club at UpSky2.
- You too can
FIGHT SPAMateurs* !!
A Nightmare Scenario
The logical end result of the current Spam junk-e-mail scene, is email services resembling current systems for transmitting secure data:
To send to someone will require not only the right email address [ analogous to a 'public key' ], but also the correct Subject line code [ as a 'private key' analogue ].
...Email systems would be, in this nightmare scenario, designed to filter out all email with subject lines not equal to ( for instance ) "
iD:Qs0196s24QQz3". (...more about this possible future...)
[ . . .Watch this space, more to come soon . . . Links to be activated:
Maxims against spam Spam hater's glossary
Block Sender List, category 1 - ground for inclusion
A definition of what exactly constitutes true spam of the most offensive varieties encountered. ]
* ( - a "Spamateur" is what you get when you cross a spammer with something amateurish - not pretty. )
( I.R.C.C., the International Red Cross & Crescent gets a percentage from this: )