My UNIX experience is as follows:
- none since 1993, except for a month-and-a-half* in 1999.
*(Solaris 2.7; no OS installs; mostly applications and email list software.)
- Before 1993:
- 5 days, January 1990: training on SunOS 3.5. (- pre-Solaris.)
- 10 min. a day, February 1990 to May 1990: Sysop on SCO UNIX AST 386 with COM-port terminals. Routine backups.
- spare time, May 1990 to June 1991: Sysop/Backup Admin/Assistant-who-does-all-but-the-hardest work [there wasn't much] on SCO UNIX system. Root & user backups. Scripts, FoxPlus database admin, 1 data transfer.
- once, ~ July 1992: One phone-support call on SCO UNIX system, resolved without onsite presence or remote login.
- March 1990 to June 1991: about one service call per week or so on Sun hardware, few involving UNIX much.
- 3 times between November 1991 to September 1992: Rare calls on Sun legacy (OS ver 3.2!) machine ... a trifle of UNIX OS stuff.
- That's all.
- Web page created March 16th-17th 2000, by Russell Hess; HTML page design & text layout by 'UpSky'.